A hot wax car wash creates a barrier between elements and your car’s paint. It shields the car from minor physical abuse such as scraping by grime and grit during washing. In addition, it makes washing much easier. The practice of car waxing has many benefits with some positively impacting performance and safety. To improve your car’s durability and to help it maintain a brand new look consider waxing. There are several car detailing companies that provide professional services for waxing your car. Most folks love the aesthetic look after the waxing but the protective quality should also be considered. Here are a few reasons why you need a hot wax car wash…
Car Wax Provides Protection Against Scratches
Automotive or car wax is a combined blend of carnauba wax mixed with natural oils, beeswax, and other petroleum distillates. These ingredients allow car wax to be used as wax-hardeners and shine enhancers. When car wax is applied, it provides a thin layer of protection to the clear coat of paint on top of the body. The wax coat seal the paint and shelter against exhaust, UV light, bird poop, grit, and sand. In addition the reflective nature of this wax helps reduce excessive heating of the car especially when it is full of people.
Protects Your Car Paint
Every day, the body of a car, truck, or SUV is exposed to weather elements. Individual components like tree sap, road salt, ultraviolet rays, rain, hail, snow, sun, wind, and bird droppings can damage the paint on your car. The damage is typically due to oxidation — which slowly eats the chemicals found in paint until it begins to separate from the body. You will also notice a high gloss to the car’s paint making it even more attractive. Failure to maintain the exterior can reduce the value of your car if you intend on selling it.
Saves You Money
If you lease a car , an inspection will be done at the end of the lease. If the exterior is damaged with scratches, paint issues or discoloration, the cost will be required of you for the damages. When you take time to have the car waxed, it can extend the paint’s lifespan significantly — reducing the need to have the vehicle repainted to avoid rust damage. Therefore, hot waxing the car can help avoid some of these issues which may end up costing you more money to cover the resulting damage.
Become a Better Driver by Taking Good Care of Your Car
Research has shown that people who take good care of their cars drive safely. Owners of clan and well managed cars are likely to change fluids on time and to insure that the car runs smoothly. Proper maintenance of your auto boosts your confidence as you drive, Investing in good care of your auto is investing indirectly in your safety.
Improves Resale Value
When you take your car to a dealership to be traded in or sell it to a private owner, assigning a resale value is usually the first step. Professional automotive estimators consider several factors such as mileage, the condition of the interior, service records, and the body and paint condition. If the paint is chipped, faded, or showing signs of age, it can reduce the resale value. Since most trade-ins are valued near the bottom of the ‘blue book’ scale, making sure the car is in good shape on the inside and outside can improve the resale value. Adding a layer of wax regularly maintains the new-car look by preventing damages caused by road debris and small scratches.
When Should Yo Get You Vehicle Waxed?
Before you wax your car, you should keep a few thing in mind. There are many ways to wax your auto. Be knowledgeable on a few waxing methods so you can pick the one that best suits you.
- Environment – Is the car parked in a garage or outdoor protected area? Then waxing should be twice or more a year. If the car is exposed to elements because you park it outdoors or you are constantly on the road three or four times would be appropriate.
- Age – New cars do not need much waxing. But if you have a car a few years old and the paint looks dull you need some regular waxing to restore it back to life.
- Weather – Sunny days are most common for waxing. However even during cold weather, waxing may be recommended. Waxing can be done in any weather because detailing experts have strategies that make it possible. Visit a professional car retailed and seek their advice on whether it’s time to have your car waxed or not depending on its current state.
- Condition Before Waxing – Is your car old or dilapidated. You will need a professional opinion from a car detailing center to improve the condition before waxing. The car may not look exactly the same as it was in the showroom, but consistent detailing will greatly improve it appearance.
What Does Waxing Do to Your Vehicle?
By maintaining a coat of wax on your car’s paint it will prevent fading, discoloring, and oxidation which are common effects of sun damage. A coat of wax will also give your car a mirror like finish and make it shine. … Wax on a molecular level polishes the clear coat of your car and brings out the car’s color and shine. professional detailers further explain that when the protection provided by the wax and clear coat is bleached, oxidation occurs. The combination of heat and oxygen will eventually erode even the toughest vehicle paint. Keep the car clean and apply wax twice a year at least to keep your car’s showroom look.
When Not to Get Your Vehicle Waxed
Yes, there are enormous advantages of waxing your car but things could go wrong if you fail to observe various requirements.
- Never Wax with the Car Turned On – This will make the car hot and the wax will not function properly. Or an excessively hot day also is not ideal for waxing. When the car is too hot the wax will be baked on the car. As a result, the wax becomes difficult to remove and will do harm on the paint coating.
- Never Wax the Car on an Extremely Cold Day – Cold weather makes the movement of the wax difficult. Extreme temperatures will either make waxing difficult to apply or remove.
Bailey’s Offers Many Types of Car Washes | Learn More
Contact us (859-534-5999) for more information!
Bailey’s Car Wash & Detailing
Bailey’s is a local and family owned car wash providing a range of washing and detailing options for our customers! Since 2002, we have been providing outstanding services to the Greater Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area. Our experience, customer service, and overall value is what sets Bailey’s apart from our competition.
- Full Service Car Washes
- Quick Exterior Car Washes
- Full Detailing
- 30 Minute Express Detailing
- Monthly Car Wash Plans
- Fleet Services
- Preventative and Restorative Automotive Services