All of us are looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint and making decisions about the car we drive and wash is no different. The following are ways to help you make your car or truck more Eco-friendly…
Commercial Car Washes vs. Washing Yourself
In the early days of car washing since resources were cheap and abundant, the industry was generally not overly concerned with how much water or electricity car-washes were using. Now, however, it’s a different story. As populations and technology use have grown over the last few decades, the world has steadily become more and more environmentally conscious, and everyone now seems to examine what impact he or she has on the environment and how there might be a way to lessen it. We think everyone is aware that regular car washing is the best way to maintain the paint of your investment. Many Folks still like to wash their cars themselves however their are several reasons why commercial car washes are the eco-friendly choice for keeping your car looking like new.
- Less Water Usage – We know you are thinking a hose uses less water than those high powered jets but that thought is incorrect. The hose pumps about 10 gallons of water a minute just a 10 minute home car wash could use 100 gallons of water. Commercial car washes use about 50 gallons for a single wash.
- Less Chemicals In the Environment – Nowadays, commercial car wash facilities are required by law to set up proper procedures to treat the water and reduce the amount of harmful chemicals mixed in with waste water before it’s discharged into the storm drain water system. Most commercial full service car wash facilities direct the waste water into the sanitary sewer to prevent any harm to the environment. When you wash your car by hand, harsh cleaning chemicals and runoff from the car drain into the storm sewer. If you wanted to be as safe on the environment as the commercial car wash is you would have to buy eco-friendly car wash products, making your own car soap, and dispose the water away from your storm drain.
Fill Under-inflated Tires
When was the last time you checked your tire pressure ? Under-inflated tires don’t roll as efficiently as fully inflated ones, so your engine has to work harder to get them moving. That means your car burns more fuel. Maintaining correct tire pressure is one of the easiest things you can do to boost your fuel economy.. Also next time you are the market for new tires ask for the eco-friendly version.
Remove Extra Weight
The more your car weighs, the more fuel it uses – it’s as simple as that. Remove any excess weight from your car and you could see a bump in fuel economy. That’s not to say that you should rip out the back seats or stereo, but if there’s extra stuff going with you everywhere you drive, leave the load at home.
Carpool as much as you can. The fewer cars on the road the better for our environment
Avoid Air Conditioning
Turning off the heat an air occasionally can be a small change that makes a big impact. Ever noticed an engine surge when the A/C gets turned on? A/C increases the strain on your car’s electrical system, which makes the engine work harder to compensate, leading to higher fuel consumption. Which means more pollution
Don’t Top Off Your Gas Tank
The way you put fuel in your car actually makes a difference. topping off the tank with that little extra after the pump stops increases the chance of harmful vapors escaping your tank. When we top off we reduce the effectiveness of the emission canister now instilled in all cars.
Bailey’s has many options to keep your car or truck in its best shape all year ’round. For even more value, many of our customers use our monthly packages.
Bailey’s Offers Many Types of Car Washes | Learn More
Contact us (859-534-5999) for more information!
Bailey’s Car Wash & Detailing
Bailey’s is a local and family owned car wash providing a range of washing and detailing options for our customers! Since 2002, we have been providing outstanding services to the Greater Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area. Our experience, customer service, and overall value is what sets Bailey’s apart from our competition.
- Full Service Car Washes
- Quick Exterior Car Washes
- Full Detailing
- 30 Minute Express Detailing
- Monthly Car Wash Plans
- Fleet Services
- Preventative and Restorative Automotive Services