Auto detailing is an activity of systematically performing operations and procedures that keep the vehicle in its best possible condition, especially cosmetic, as opposed to mechanical. Basically, it is enhancing the general appearance of your vehicle by cleaning its interior and exterior. The process may be different from vendor to vendor but all will include cleaning your engine, wheels and headlights, and taillights. In short, no part of your vehicle that may be in need of cleaning will be left out. In this article, we are going to delve into the importance of car detail and how often it should be done.
Why Auto Detailing Is Important
The main reason for routinely car detailing is to preserve the original appearance of your car. Waxing will protect your car’s paint and treating plastic materials with dressing can ensure that they look and feel like they should. Car detailing will get rid of any unwanted odors and stubborn stains and marks that would be hard for you to get rid of yourself. Detailing helps prevent more costly issues from arising. Engine repairs are very costly so it is important to maintain your car so as to minimize the possibility of a future issues. Keeping the car properly maintained helps the resale and trade-in value.
How Often Should You Detail Your Auto?
For the average vehicle, detailing at the very least, once a year is recommended. Most auto experts recommend getting a car detailed at least every 6 months. It is always wise to get your car detailed before selling. You will be pleased to learn that detailing is quite inexpensive and how clean your car is has a big influence on how much a potential buyer will pay for your car.
Why Washing and Waxing are Good For Your Car or Truck
Whether you do it yourself or hire someone, a thorough wash of the exterior and applying a good-quality paste or liquid wax by hand at least twice a year can keep the paint finish on your vehicle looking almost new for years. Wash and wax anytime you get the chance in between detailing.
The Average Prices for Detailing
Car detailing prices vary depending upon a number of things. Vehicle size is a major determinant, as is the type of package you select. Basic packages for smaller vehicles are generally less expensive, and additional costs may be added for upgraded services. Variance in price will be largely based on the detail, professionalism, and reputation of the business. You should expect to pay more for high-quality service
- Basic Auto Exterior Detailing service should include a wash, wax, interior vacuuming, window wash, mirror / trim cleaning, and tire cleaning. Pricing starts at $100 to $150 for average sized cars.
- Advanced Exterior / Interior Detailing Package usually consists of much more attention to detail. These details will vary by location so be sure to inquire about exactly what services you’ll be getting for your money. Advanced Detailing generally starts at $175 to $250 for average sized cars.
- Additional services may include things like the use of a higher quality cleaning product, special equipment, or extraordinary care for vintage cars, boats, motorcycles, or RVs. A superior wax is generally $50-$75 and up. Steam cleaning of the interior or carpet shampoo could cost around $75 or more and clean leather upholstery averages around $75. You may also find services for dent removal, engine cleaning, or wheel detailing at some car detailing shops.
The less frequently you detail your vehicle, the more intensive the project is and the more likely it will cost you a good amount of money. In order to keep your costs down, it helps to detail the vehicle more regularly.
Bailey’s Offers Detailing | Learn More
Bailey’s Offers Many Types of Car Washes | Learn More
Bailey’s has many options to keep your car or truck in its best shape all year ’round. For even more value, many of our customers use our monthly packages.
Contact us (859-534-5999) for more information!
Bailey’s Car Wash & Detailing
Bailey’s is a local and family owned car wash providing a range of washing and detailing options for our customers! Since 2002, we have been providing outstanding services to the Greater Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area. Our experience, customer service, and overall value is what sets Bailey’s apart from our competition.
- Full Service Car Washes
- Quick Exterior Car Washes
- Full Detailing
- 30 Minute Express Detailing
- Monthly Car Wash Plans
- Fleet Services
- Preventative and Restorative Automotive Services